Thanks for visiting Dr. Andy Parker’s Media Kit page! Below are links to access and download various media resource items for Dr. Andy Parker. If you need a resource not listed below, please Contact Dr. Andy.
Dr. Andy is on a mission to develop educators and provide them with tools to make their schools and classrooms G.R.E.A.T.!
Dr. Andy Parker was living what many would call the American Dream. At age 38, he had a beautiful home, a new business, and a successful career. One single, catastrophic event – Hurricane Katrina – changed everything. With little left but the clothes on his back, he began to rebuild his life, community, and school. With Dr. Andy’s leadership of 3 middle school staffs, his devastated school district reopened 5 short weeks after the costliest natural disaster and one of the most deadly in our nation’s history flooded 11 of its 17 buildings.
The entire Hurricane Katrina experience led Dr. Andy to create his highly successful G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™, his proven system to transform classrooms, schools, and LIVES!
Dr. Andy is an educator whose super powers include teaching high school English where he was named Teacher of the Year and leading schools and districts, where he has been chosen Administrator of the Year multiple times. He is an energizing, humorous, and frank speaker on issues about school leadership and social justice.
Images for Web and Print Publications
For Media Interviews, Here Are a Few Suggested Interview Topics and Questions:
Implicit Biases and their impact on Student Expectations and Performance
- What are implicit biases?
- How are they different from prejudice or racism?
- How do I know if I have implicit biases?
- What can I do to understand my implicit biases and how they impact my work or my expectations of my students?
Culturally Responsive Schools
- What does Culturally Responsive schools mean?
- Why is it important to build culturally responsive classrooms and schools?
- What are some examples of characteristics of culturally responsive schools?
G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™ and School Performance
- What is your G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™?
- How was G.R.E.A.T.! developed?
- What are some sample strategies from your G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™ that can be used in schools?
- What impact can G.R.E.A.T.! have on schools?
For Media, Interviews, Speaking Engagement Bookings, and all other inquiries please use the Contact form.
Dr. Andy’s FREE Guides
5 G.R.E.A.T.! STEPS FOR CREATING CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE SCHOOLS AND CLASSROOMS
3 G.R.E.A.T.! STRATEGIES FOR PRINCIPALS TO SPARK POSITIVE CLIMATE CHANGE IN THEIR SCHOOLS