The entire Hurricane Katrina experience led Dr. Andy to create his highly successful G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™, his proven system to transform classrooms, schools, and LIVES!
Dr. Andy is an educator whose super powers include teaching high school English where he was named Teacher of the Year and leading schools and districts, where he has been chosen Administrator of the Year multiple times. He is an energizing, humorous, and frank speaker on issues about school leadership and social justice.
- What are implicit biases?
- How are they different from prejudice or racism?
- How do I know if I have implicit biases?
- What can I do to understand my implicit biases and how they impact my work or my expectations of my students?
Culturally Responsive Schools
- What does Culturally Responsive schools mean?
- Why is it important to build culturally responsive classrooms and schools?
- What are some examples of characteristics of culturally responsive schools?
G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™ and School Performance
- What is your G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™?
- How was G.R.E.A.T.! developed?
- What are some sample strategies from your G.R.E.A.T.! Leadership Philosophy™ that can be used in schools?
- What impact can G.R.E.A.T.! have on schools?